Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A mish-mash of events

The end of February flew by and it’s only by looking back over my iPhone photos that I have any idea what happened…

IMG_6440

Suites & Sweets! This was the third annual orchestra fundraiser, which involves lovely music and lovely desserts. I was in charge of table decorations this year, and I had some lovely helpers. Our theme was vintage romance. It was sure pretty at night! I made luminaries out of old sheet music for battery-operated tea light candles.

IMG_6442

IMG_6443

New this year was a photo booth for the orchestra kids to take pictures at. No, these are not orchestra kids. These are my tagalongs.

IMG_6445

They insisted I take several pictures of them.

IMG_6446

Actually, it was me doing the insisting. I had to make sure the photo booth area looked OK through the lens of an iPhone camera.

IMG_6449

As Ed says, this is Bethany and her posse. Translation: all Bethany’s friends from orchestra.

IMG_6452

IMG_6455

The posse plus the orchestra teacher. We love Mrs. Smit!

IMG_6461

One of the antique/consignment stores in town had this bench outside for sale. I fell in LOVE immediately and brought her home. The cute model just happened to be along for the ride. I plan to sand down and stain the wood slats a dark espresso and paint the blue curly-cues some other color…maybe white, or red, or black.

IMG_6462

I took these two sweet girls to pick up their first job applications. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear as though the place is hiring as we haven’t gotten any calls yet.

IMG_6464

Becca had to create a musical instrument for school.

IMG_6507

It turned out really cute! You hit the washers with the end of a large bolt and they vibrate over the hole and the sound is amplified with the funnel.

IMG_6469

This box of crayons is in the classroom where I work. Everytime I get it out it just makes me soooooo happy. One day I just had to take a picture of it. I’m weird, I know. But loving fresh new crayons sorted by color is one of the things that makes me a good Kindergarten aide.

All right, coming up next will be college visit #2, Corban University in Salem, OR!

No comments: