Friday, July 3, 2015

Arizona Day 3!

Amazingly enough, there aren’t *that* many photos from our 3rd day. I think there was a lot of relaxing and talking and not much of anything else…

IMG_7280

Took a little joy ride with my dad in a convertible to the grocery story for maple syrup. Side story: the night before, I was rummaging around in the pantry-that’s-as-big-as-my-kitchen and I knocked a glass bottle of maple syrup off a shelf onto the floor. Yes. Maple syrup. I’ll let you use your imagination as to how I spent the rest of my evening. Glass and syrup everywhere. Aaaaannnndddd, since pancakes were on the menu for that morning, more maple syrup needed to be purchased.

IMG_7283

Mmmmmm! Delicious pancakes, grandpa & grandma!

IMG_7285

We also decided to celebrate Father’s Day while we were there. Here Carter is helping Grandpa open his present.

IMG_7286

IMG_7287

A selfie stick! I think he has yet to use it, but we are hoping for some kayaking selfies in the future!

_MG_0692

There was swimming and sliding and jumping and throwing and catching…

_MG_0697

…and chillaxin’

_MG_0705

_MG_0708

_MG_0714

And some time getting acquainted as auntie & niece.

_MG_0723

I think this would be some more chillaxin’.

_MG_0727

Out the side yard of the house we stayed at.

IMG_7292

For our afternoon quiet time we watched my baby brother’s all-time favorite movie, Hoosiers, which is apparently the greatest movie of all time. Then Carter & I read some Pete the Cat, which is pretty much one of the greatest children’s book series of all time. Not really, but it’s pretty good! My favorite is Pete the Cat & the Four Groovy Buttons, and it’s my favorite because these particular nephews taught me the song and then I taught my Kindergarteners and I am now hooked!

IMG_7302

There was some evening football.

IMG_7311

And some night swimming.

IMG_7313

With glowsticks of course!

IMG_7314

And selfies…or ussies…or groupies…or whatever you like to call them.

It was quite a day. We did absolutely nothing and it was perfect.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

alex is OBSESSED with pete the cat. whenever we get one of the GOOD ones from the library, we renew it until we have no more "renewals" left! we LOVE my new shoes and 4 groovy buttons. and alex can "read" them herself. we listen to the songs online ALL. THE. TIME. and in the car today, on the way down from baker, we actually recited "my new shoes" for grandpa & grandma!